Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Week

Well, I didn't get a whole lot of time in CT this week and therefore didn't really see anything of great interest. I am amazed however, at how much more comfortable I am getting when working down there! For instance, I had a trauma patient last night that had a head and c-spine without and a chest/abdomen/pelvis with IV only. A few months ago I would have scared been to death to be doing it on my own but it turned out really well! Though I did see an odd mass like thing (can't think of a better word to describe it) surrounding the right kidney. I never got a chance to check the report but I'm definitely going to follow up and find out what it was!

Last week I had to do a stat AIF which was pretty interesting. The patient was 4 days post op from a left hip pinning and had diminished pulses in his left leg, the nurse was barely able to find a pulse in his foot even when using a doppler! I did the study which I thought looked a little odd and come to find out the next day after reconstructions he had almost no blood flow to his lower legs! It was a very stressful situation all around because the ordering doctor was calling and yelling because it wasn't getting done quickly enough for his liking, we were down to one scanner thanks to PM's on our other one, and it took almost 30 minutes for all of my images to cross over to synapse! I was very glad to be finished with it!

Hopefully this coming week some more interesting things will happen!

No comments: