Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Let Me Introduce Myself...

Hi, my name is Brandy Johnson and I am starting my first semester here at USI. I graduated from Owensboro Community and Technical College's Radiography Program in May of 2006. I started working at Owensboro Medical Health System in 2005 as a Tech Aide in the Radiology department and was offered a full time job as a Rad Tech right before graduation.

I currently work 2nd shift and just completed cross training in Cat Scan. I have to say I like it so much more than I thought I would! Cat Scan is a completely different world than regular x-ray. It took me completely out of my comfort zone and threw me headfirst into a whirlwind of new information. For the first few weeks I was afraid my head was going to explode from everything I was learning! I feel pretty confident with most exams but I have to say Chest Angios still make my hands shake!! It's so great though because I feel like everyday I'm learning something new!

Now, some more about me... I've been married to my husband David now for two years. We have a black lab named Zoey who we treat like our baby. We bought our first house here in Owensboro almost a year ago and like to spend our free time hanging out with friends and family including our 7 nephews!! We also like to do home improvement projects, the next of which is going to be putting tile down on our bathroom floor! I say "we" but mostly it will be David doing the work!

Anyway, enough blabbering for now. I'm looking forward to getting started this semester and want to wish everyone the best of luck!

No comments: