Saturday, June 27, 2009

It's Been a While...

Wow, time flies, I hadn't realized that I haven't written anything on here in like a month. Things have been super busy for me lately.

CT wise it's been interesting at OMHS... We are testing out a new protocol for patient's with Crohn's, among other disorders which I can't remember right now where we inject the contrast at 4 mL/sec as opposed to 2 mL/sec like a normal. I'm still not sure the purpose of this as I have yet to do one but according to our medical director it makes a "huge" difference! Oh well, I don't pretend to understand why our protocols change so much... it's better just to go with the flow!

We're having trouble with one of our scanners causing artifact on all head scans. This has been an intermittent problem with this same scanner ever since we got it. What's weird is that it always seems to show up after we get a software upgrade. Also strange is that our other scanner which is exactly the same as the one with the artifact only 2 year newer has never had this issue. Supposedly it's fixed now but two weeks of only being able to do head scans on one scanner was getting really really old!

I haven't had any interesting cases lately... I did do another head angio (ICK!!!!) the other night. I was not proud of it at all. Ever since my bad experience with setting an ROI in the ascending aorta I do a manual scan where I watch the carotids blush and most of the time this works out well for me. Well this time for whatever reason when I hit "next scan" there was like a 5 second delay. Well as those of you that do CT know, this is a huge deal when it comes to angios, especially head angios! I still hate them... I would rather do just about any other exam! Other than one that involved rectal contrast I guess!!

No comments: